The smartest modular I/O system
Omron's SmartSlice I/O system (GRT1) is compact, intelligent and easy to use. By using built-in functions such as pre-scaling, totalising, differentiation and alarming in analog I/O units, PLC programming can be minimised. Preventive maintenance data can be accessed using CX-Integrator software, standard PLC function blocks or NS-series Smart Active Parts.
- Most compact in the market (84 mm high)
- Easy set-up, backup and restore functions
- Diagnostics and preventive maintenance data at I/O level
- Detachable terminal blocks allow hot-swapping without re-wiring
- 3-wire connection with 'push-in' technology, no screwdriver required for installation
- Minimize engineering time
- Troubleshoot rapidly
- Schedule maintenance to prevent breakdowns
Transparent communicationOpen for communication by open standards
- PROFINET IO: Built-in Ethernet switch and MRP ring redundancy.
- PROFIBUS DP: FDT-DTM for easy access to all intelligence in SmartSlice.
- DeviceNet: The industrial CAN protocol. Efficient and Robust.
- CompoNet: Plug-and-work. No setup required.
- MECHATROLINK-II: For integration in motion control systems.
- EtherCAT: For Trajexia and Sysmac controllers.
No need to stopReliable 3-piece construction enabling you to swap modules during operation, without rewiring. All I/O unit data can be backed up in the bus interface unit at the flick of a switch. Recovery is even simpler; after hot-swapping a unit, all settings are automatically loaded.
No tools requiredEasy push in wiring for quick installation. The SmartSlice terminal blocks provide fast and reliable screwless clamp connections.
- Reduce engineering time
- Plan preventative maintainance
- Increase your productivity